If you take care of your SpaSoft system, it will take care of you.
Everyone’s business evolves over time. From people to processes to global business practices, everything changes. Prioritizing a check-up on your spa software every five years is a great way to ensure you are getting the maximum return from your investment. When you go live with a new spa management system, you invest time and effort into making thousands of decisions on features, configuration and set-up. Your system has been expertly tuned and tailored to the exact needs of your spa. Your staff have been well trained and they’re excited to use the system and all of the great new features they now have access to.
Fast forward a few years down the road – how is your spa software working now? How about 10 years? Even 15 years? For example, if you’ve been using SpaSoft for years, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you feel there is functionality that you could be using but you’re not sure exactly how?
- Have you experienced any turnover of staff or management?
- Do you experience technical hiccups or loss of system speed?
- Have any of your business practices evolved since you first installed SpaSoft?
- Are there codes that you don’t understand anymore?
- Have you lost track of where your documentation and check-lists are stored?
- Do you need to update multiple versions of SpaSoft?
- Have you ever questioned some of the configuration of your system?
- Are you experiencing issues related to configuration or training?
Change is Expected in the Spa Industry
The nature of a spa business drives continual incremental changes. Over time those issues compound, making it more and more difficult to get the most out of your spa management system. We recommend that SpaSoft clients take the opportunity to perform a system tune-up every five years. With that being said, a tune-up is a customized evaluation of your SpaSoft system and your business, performed by SpaSoft consultants that are experts in the system, as well as in the spa industry.
Investing in a tune-up pays off in several ways. They’re a great way to extend the life of your current spa technology. After all, your initial investment was significant. A tune-up is also a great way to identify small changes that could have a big impact in your business and enjoyment of using the system. Many times spas are in need of additional functionality that they believe is missing from their current system. When they undertake a tune-up they find that the functionality has become available in later upgrades or in a different area of the system.
Far too many spas wind up stuck in an uncomfortable operational rut by never taking the time to question why they do it that way and ask how it can be improved. Every SpaSoft version release introduces new features and enhancements, yet many properties never leverage these advancements.
Want to see our SpaSoft Spa Management System in action? Request a Demo Today!