The Trainer is responsible for preparing, facilitating, and performing remote application implementation and training. Software training focused implementation projects including new installations, modules, conversions, and training, go-live support, and post-installation support will be performed. This position requires working remotely and may have varying shifts. Occasional travel may be required for on-site consultation with customers.
Reporting to the Professional Services Manager, the core responsibilities of the position are:
- Provide live online software training to clients.
- Assist clients with installation and configuration of SpaSoft products.
- Provide go-live support to properties after each installation.
- Create, document and educate clients on customized procedures regarding the use of SpaSoft.
- Develop training materials for Learning Management System (LMS), Knowledge Articles and other related projects.
- Assist in evaluation and revision of courses and course materials.
- Learn additional software packages, modules, or operating system updates as directed.
- Participate in the product development, testing and related documentation process when requested for new releases
- Keep up to date on all internal software updates and enhancements.
- Occasionally function as part of the Support team when in the office and not scheduled for other duties.
- Complete assigned projects in a timely manner and update management on project status.
- When applicable, assist Senior Trainer as directed.
- Onsite travel up to 25% of the time may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Applied Degree/ Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to learn quickly, overcome challenges, and adapt to changing situations.
- A strong work ethic and capacity to succeed in a fast-paced environment, while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Must be able to self-manage projects assigned with minimal supervision, work under pressure, and have an aptitude for logical problem-solving.
- Develop and maintain relationships with fellow team members and customers.
- Previous customer service or support and basic technical experience is an asset.
- Experience in hotel and/or spa operations is an asset.
- Experience in public speaking and education is an asset.