As a Product Specialist with Springer-Miller Systems, you provide first level support to our customers ensuring that their issues are resolved quickly and completely in an upbeat and professional manner. To be successful, you should have strong verbal and written communication skills and be fully committed to customer satisfaction.
The Product Specialist is responsible for professionally responding to technical support requests. In addition, you may assist with other technical work including installations, upgrades and server swaps. Special projects or additional tasks may be required from time to time.
We are currently hiring for night shift product specialists. This requires the ability to work the hours of 7:00pm – 3:30am ,or slight variation of those hours, and weekends.
Reporting to the Support Manager, the core responsibilities of the position are to:
- Provide 1st level telephone support, analyze reported issues and provide accurate problem solving
- Provide customer support via approved communication methods for issues reported to the Client Services Support Centers
- Maintain CRM with complete and accurate documentation for all issues and correspondence relating to a reported customer request
- Uses logic and methods as necessary to solve basic problems and provide accurate solutions
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to personnel, company operations and financial matters, both for customers and for Springer-Miller Systems
- Submit and follow-up on case escalations as required with a drive for results
- Assist in remote upgrades for existing sites, collaborating with IT management and administration along with all levels of hotel personnel
- Complete assigned cases and projects in a timely manner using well developed time management skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a high school diploma is required
- College degree in computer science and/or other relevant field is an asset
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a customer service/call center role.
- Working knowledge of computer software, hardware operating systems, network communications and MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge of network technologies, Windows Server, Web technologies SQL database and XML.
- Experience with Crystal Reports and/or InterBase is an asset
- Experience with hospitality software systems is an asset
- Bilingual ability is an asset – Fluency in English and other languages such as Mandarin and Spanish are advantageous
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
To apply, please forward your current resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.