Account Manager – Springer-Miller Systems
The Account Manager is responsible for account management of all existing SMS customers in the assigned territory, selling add-on products and services. This includes day to day follow up with existing accounts in the region, providing direction as it relates to our products and company. The Account Manager should also gain an intermediate understanding of our core products and a fluent understanding of our common add-on B2B products. The ideal candidate will create strong value propositions through solution selling to win both new and add-on sales of all Springer-Miller Systems’ Signature products: SMS|Host, Teres POS, Touch and SpaSoft.
- Prepare and maintain Regional Territory Plan, identifying key markets and targets within the assigned region.
- Identify business opportunities through industry/account research, qualification and discovery to establish prospects and customers’ needs and key drivers.
- Build Relationships in order to gain trust and position products as a solution sale that meets the customer/prospect’s determined strategic needs and goals.
- Provide tailored presentations that showcase product differentiators and meet the specific key drivers required to win the business and successfully close sales.
- Maintain existing client relationships by offering continued guidance, recommendations and best practices based on Industry expertise.
- Stay up to date with Industry trends, market activities and competitor products.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Recognize trends in the market, and be fully knowledgeable of competitive activities in order to regularly communicate information to the sales and management team
- Demonstrate knowledge of account management, and the processes and procedures specific to each managing existing customer accounts: identification of strategic objectives for each account, areas of concern, business drivers, etc.
- Competently demonstrate our common add-on B2B products to our current customer base.
- Maintain a clean and accurate pipeline in Salesforce.com that provides management with detailed forecasts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis that will demonstrate how you will meet your sales objectives.
- Follow company policy with regards to pre-configurations, proposal generation and contract matters.
- Set proper expectations with customers and prospects regarding our solutions, installation/training procedures and product support.
- Working with Director of Sales, manage expenses relating to sales in a responsible way, minimizing unnecessary expenses and maximizing territory profitability.
- 3-5 years of consultative software sales experience and/or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding annual quota
- Solution selling experience preferred
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to conduct sales presentations with an emphasis on showing value
- General experience with Windows, MS Office software and Salesforce.
- Ability to learn technical details regarding hospitality software, computer hardware and third party software products offered by the Company.
- Ability to work well individually or as part of a team
- Customer focused mentality with a strong desire to provide outstanding account management and customer service
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to communicate both written and verbally in a professional and courteous manner
- Willingness to continually grow and enhance your own skills
- Ability to travel within a defined geographical sales region as well as quarterly / bi-annual travel to National Sales meetings, Industry Conferences and/or corporate offices.
- Proficient at working independently and have a home office
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle is required
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in touch situations with both internal and external groups
- Customer Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Written Communications